Javascript Menu by
more options

Facility Location:  
This represents emergency response location only, may not reflect occupants mailing address.
235 Garden Ave
City of Ithaca
NY -
Construction Date:   1912
Gross Area:   60,100 sq ft
Net Area:   49,982 sq ft
Architect:   Green & Wicks; Hoffman, O'Brian, Levatich & Taub
Style:   Colonial Revival, Modern
Unit Facility Director:   kpl9 - Kurt P. Larsen
Building Coordinators
Maintenance Zone:   Contract-College
Campus Site:   29 - Ithaca Main Campus
Jurisdiction:   City of Ithaca
State Owned?:   No
Historic Building:   LN - Local Landmark & National Register
Historic District:   NL - Not Located Within a District
Photo: Computing Communications Ctr
Originally known as Comstock Hall it is similar in massing and general design to Caldwell and Rice Halls. This rectangular block, with three bay side wings and extended five bays on the south facade, has a limestone water table, with ten courses of tan brick laid in running bond, with intermittent brown brick scattered throughout the facade. The center entrance portico consists of Ionic columns with engaged pilasters, full entablatures. Central bay has corner and four evenly spaced pilasters with classical bases & full entablatures, and palazzo and pedimented windows. Phase 1: This three story addition was meant to compliment the facade of Comstock Hall. The base consists of limestone veneer panels to match those of Comstock, with equal coursing of a rusticated brick veneer, with flat brick soldier course over the window openings. At the top of the first floor is limestone water table, matching the existing water table of Comstock. From this point upwards is a brick veneer, matching the existing coursing and pattern, with a limestone coping at the roof level. On the roof is a metal and glass skylight. The first floor consists of two one-bay wings on either side of the eleven bay extending bay. Phase II: A new entrance added on the west facade at the basement and first floors of Comstock Hall. On the south facade of Comstock, the center three fourth floor windows were lowered to match the existing sash.