Infrastructure Properties and Planning Rewards & Recognition
Infrastructure Properties and Planning (IPP) has established a commitment to reward and recognize significant individual and team contributions and accomplishments of IPP employees.
Read about the winners of the 2015 Keystone and Cornerstone Awards and their contributions to Cornell University!
- Keystone Awards - eBuilder Executive Committee
- Cornerstone Award for Effectiveness Improvement -ECCT Space and Central Team
- Cornerstone Award for Campus or Community Service - Chris Bordlemay
- Cornerstone Award for Developing Others - Steve Beyers
- Cornerstone Award for Distinction in Teamwork - Utilities LEAN Team
- Steve Wright Bridge Award - Sarah Dean
Excerpts from the 2015 IPP Employee Celebration
Employees of the Quarter
The IPP Employees of the Quarter program recognizes three teams/individuals each quarter that go “above and beyond” their normal duties to accomplish something exceptional. The IPP Employees of the Quarter should continuously exhibit the IPP organizational values of Truth, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, and Integrity. Nominations are considered for a period of 3 months. Individual winners are eligible to be awarded every 3 years.
Individual awardees will receive a bonus of $200 gross for individuals and $400 gross for a team.
If you need assistance submitting a nomination, feel free to contact a member of the IPP Rewards & Recognition Committee: Vicki Davis, Erik Eshelman, Kristin Gutenberger, Tom King, Pam Lockwood, Rob Morris, Deborah Redman, Joe Remillard, and Julie Parsons.
The Keystone Awards will be presented on an annual basis at the IPP Employee Celebration. Awards given annually will be at the discretion of the IPP awards committee and the VP of IPP. Individuals will receive the entire bonus amounts; teams will split the award equally among team members.
All nominees must consistently demonstrate the Cornell University Skills for Success, consistently demonstrate Infrastructure Properties and Planning values, and have documented examples of accomplishments that align within one or more of the following five criteria.
Keystone Award - Excellence in service to the organization and consistently providing quality output in work activities. This award is the highest honor and will be awarded to the individual or team that exemplifies excellence and many of the qualities listed below in their work. Bonus amount: $6000 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Effectiveness Improvement - Implemented an innovative process improvement that had a significant cost and/or time savings for the organization. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Distinction in Teamwork - Had a positive impact on a team by giving distinguished service, making a difference, or implementing a quality of work/life improvement. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Dedication to Developing Others - Commitment to mentoring others and contributing towards the goal of succession planning. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Campus or Community Service - Volunteerism efforts either external or internal to Cornell University. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Steve Wright Bridge Award – Diversity and Inclusion - Demonstration of significant, ongoing commitment to fostering diversity within Infrastructure Properties and Planning. Bonus amount $1200 gross.
Regular and temporary Cornell University Infrastructure Properties and Planning employees are eligible to be nominated by other IPP employees. The employee’s most recent performance evaluation must be satisfactory to win the award. The nominee must have been employed by Cornell University for at least one year at the time of nomination.
Nominations may be submitted by any temporary or regular Infrastructure Properties and Planning employee. The Nomination Form must be completed to submit an individual or team for consideration. Nominations may include endorsements or letters of recommendation from other people who are able to assess the nominee’s performance.
If you need assistance submitting a nomination, feel free to contact a member of the IPP Rewards & Recognition Committee: Vicki Davis, Erik Eshelman, Kristin Gutenberger, Tom King, Pam Lockwood, Rob Morris, Deborah Redman, Joe Remillard and Julie Parsons.
All nominations will be reviewed by the IPP Rewards & Recognition Committee. The committee will rank the nominations and forward the top ranked nominations to the VP of IPP for decision about who will receive the award that year. The number of awards given each year may vary.
Nomination period: January 1 - April 30
Nomination review period: May 1 - May 31
Award presentation: June 1 - July 31