Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
Skip to main content

more options


Construction Date:   1953
Architect:   Chapman, Evans & Delenhanty; Quinlivan, Pierik & Krause
Style:   Modern
Campus Site:   11
Photo not available for: **Sperry Community U Hall 6

OBSOLETE

This is one of six dormitories built on the men's campus in the mid-1950s. The shift to enterprise status for residential construction and the widespread acceptance of modern architecture in the 1950s meant the end of collegiate Gothic for residential purposes (though it was still possible to build Anabel Taylor and Teagle Hall in collegiate Gothic). Nevertheless, these plain brick and stone structures were formally arranged in quadrangles and have pitched roofs (unlike the purer International Style Engineering Quadrangle buildings). In 1987 these buildings were gutted and the original aluminum-framed windows replaced with dark-brown metal casings.