Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
Skip to main content

more options


Facility Location:  
This represents emergency response location only, may not reflect occupants mailing address.
121 Reservoir Ave
City of Ithaca
Tompkins
NY -
Construction Date:   1913
Gross Area:   31,316 sq ft
Net Area:   26,089 sq ft
Architect:   Green & Wicks
Style:   Colonial Revival
Maintenance Planner:   pfh3 - Paul F. Heliseva
Maintenance Zone:   CC
Campus Site:   29
Zone Manager:   jtk8 - Paul F. Heliseva
Authority Having Jurisdiction:   City of Ithaca
State Owned?:   No
Photo: Caldwell Hall
Virtual Tours: 
MVR Hall: Lower Courtyard
MVR Hall: Upper Yard
Ag Quad: Fall
This building consists (on the southern facade) of two three-bay wings, and a five-bay extended bay. The first floor has a white granite water table, above which are eleven brick courses, laid in running bond, that resemble clapboards in their rustication. Above this is a limestone string course, with a flat brick surface rising (in running bond) two stories to the limestone string course at the base of the third floor (on the extended bay); rising to the eaves on the wings. The windows on the wings are 6/1 double-hung sash, with elliptical arches laid in rowlock; the windows on the bay are Chicago style with narrow 2/1 double-hung sidelights, and 6/1 double-hung center sash with elliptical rowlock voussiers. The eaves of the hip roof are detailed with rafter tails. This building shares an architectural similarity to Roberts, East Roberts, Comstock and Rice Hall, all built during the same period. In 1966 the interior sprinkler system was altered. In 1969 new exterior steps were installed on the main entrance on the south facade.