Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
more options

Facility Location:  
This represents emergency response location only, may not reflect occupants mailing address.
141 Central Ave
City of Ithaca
Tompkins
NY -
Construction Date:   1868
Gross Area:   59,343 sq ft
Net Area:   46,265 sq ft
Architect:   Archimedes N Russell
Style:   Second Empire
Unit Facility Director:   hwc1 - Henry W. Crans,  Jr
Building Coordinators
Maintenance Zone:   Endowed
Campus Site:   29
Jurisdiction:   City of Ithaca
State Owned?:   No
Historic Building:   NL - Not Listed as Landmark
Historic District:   A - Arts Quad, Local
Photo: McGraw Hall
In designing McGraw Hall Russell took his cues from the style and design of Morrill and White Halls, Olmstead's idea for a proposed terrace upon which the buildings would face and A. D. White's insistence upon a central building which would tie together Morrill and White Halls and provide a (central) focal point. Built of Ithaca stone with a mansard slate roof of different colors arranged in horizontal bands, this four story building is honored with the first of many University towers. The building features five bays, has quoins delineating each bay, the windows are arched with voussoirs and have smooth-cut stone sills, and the mansard roof has bull's eye dormers and roof cresting. In 1872 Jennie McGraw, daughter of John McGraw, donated chimes to be placed in the tower.
 
Virtual Tours: 
Arts Quad: Fall
Goldwin Smith Hall: Front Statue
Lincoln Hall: Shady Grove